I’m going to take my notes from teaching and material from some of my books and give you a college level course in bite-size installments. I want to make sure that every pro and amateur alike can get the experience of truly taking a college level education but without any of the costs. The bottom line is that I’d just like to really change the digital world.
- This is Real. This won’t be a bunch of fluff and theory… rather practical knowledge and techniques so you can actually build a working foundation or fill in the holes you have.
- Read in Order. Unlike most of the articles here on Photofocus, this content should be read linearly. This means that you should read each article in the order of release as they will build upon each other. If you star later in the series… go back and read what you missed. Each episode is numbered and you can find a link to the series at the bottom of the page.
- Pace Yourself. Don’t rush, knowledge takes time. By completing two columns or so a week you will retain the knowledge and it will become a part of your toolbox. This column will come out every Sunday and Wednesday.
- Follow Along. Most columns will have a hands-on file that you can use. Reading isn’t enough, you need to actually follow along if you want to learn.
Recent Posts About Understanding Photoshop
- Using Smart Objects Before Transforming [UP22]
- Transforming Objects with Puppet Warp [UP21]
- Resizing a Photo with Content-Aware Scaling [UP20]
- Resizing an Object with the Free Transform Command in Photoshop [UP19]
- Rotating the Photoshop Canvas [UP18]
- Perspective Cropping in Photoshop [UP17]
- The Most Powerful Way to Crop in Photoshop [UP16]
- Mastering the Crop Tool [UP15]
- Changing the Photoshop Canvas Size [UP14]
- Sizing Digital Images in Photoshop [UP13]
- What Size to Scan a Photo? Think in Pixels [UP12]
- Acquiring Images for Photoshop with a Scanner [UP11]
- Downloading Images from a Digital Camera [UP10]
- Acquiring Images for Photoshop — JPEG vs. Raw [UP9]
- Acquiring Images for Photoshop with a Digital Camera [UP8]
- Get to Know the Photoshop Interface (Part 4) [UP7]
- Get to Know the Photoshop Interface (Part 3) [UP6]
- Get to Know the Photoshop Interface (Part 2) [UP5]
- Get to Know the Photoshop Interface (Part 1) [UP4]
- Image Mode & Bit Depth [UP3]
- Understanding Resolution [UP2]
- Pixels: Digital Building Blocks [UP1]
- Introducing Understanding Photoshop